GOLPRONET sent a letter to the Inspector General of Police which we titled “Now that SARS is Disbanded:Ways Forward.
In our letter we suggested 5 ways forward
1) Creation of Data Base that will contain the name, service number and picture of all police men in the country. Before any police man can arrest or engage in stop and search his identity must first be confirmed on the data base.
2) SARS operatives to be deployed to North West and North East to complement efforts of the military.
3) Setting up of a joint security task force comprising of all arms-bearing services, to check violent crimes in the country.
4) The police should start using blanket punishments for airing officers and stations.
5) Increased funding to the police. It is our considered opinion that giving an hungry man gun under any guise is a disaster waiting to happen.
We copied critical government institutions such as
The National Security Adviser
Minister of Police Affairs
Chairman Police Service Commission
Chairman Senate Committee on Police Affairs
Vice Chairman Senate Committee on Police Affairs
Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Police Affairs
Vice Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Police Affairs
We shall continue engage all relevant agencies of government in the struggle to get Nigeria on the right path to glory.