Good Leadership Promotion Network
Good Leadership Promotion Network is an NGO with a central mandate to advocate for good and reach for better. We cannot shy away from the fact that, a lot is wrong with our dear nation. There seems to be a consensus among scholars that, the prime problem of this Nation is the failure of leadership. GOLPRONET has dedicated a great deal of time to salvage Nigeria by engaging the leaders of tomorrow and people currently saddled with the responsibility of leading the nation.
Currently, we have four programs that are targeted at making Nigeria better:
- SDGs Spelling Bee Competition: This competition is done in conjunction with SDGs offices across the country. EFCC and NYSC are partners with us. The Spelling Bee competition is designed to have a national outlook. We have begun with the Southwest region. To this effect, we have had successful outings in Osun, Ondo and Ekiti states. We believe that participants at the competitions will be made to understand that, they are the future of this country and that the nation needs to reach for the best.
- Youth’s Summit: The youths summit is a gathering of young Nigerians where we can meet and talk to ourselves about the importance of salvaging our motherland and putting a lid on the hydra-headed monster of corruption and other vices that have eaten deep into the moral fabric of our nation.
- Cast the Vote, Shun the Violence: It is generally believed that elections have consequences. Consequently, our board thinks that, if we can get our electoral process right and the right people find their way into government our Nation will truly be better. The “Cast the Vote, Shun the Violence” program took place in Osun State during the last Gubernatorial and National elections. It was a huge success that saw the participation of collaborating agencies such as INEC, Police, NSCDC, NURTW, Royal fathers, religious leaders etc. The “Cast the Vote, Shun the Violence” program took place in Osun State during the last Gubernatorial and National elections. It was a huge success that saw the participation of collaborating agencies such as INEC, Police, NSCDC, NURTW, Royal fathers, religious leaders etc.
- Correctional Centres Decongestion Advocacy: Our team met with the leadership of the Correctional Service of Nigeria led by CG Jafar Ahmed. An advocacy program that will lead to decongestion of Correctional centres was birthed and a series of corporations between both organisations.
- His Royal Majesty, Oba Ilufemiloye Moses Agunsoye (The Elegboro of Ijebu-jesa, and Chairman Ijesa North Council of Obas in Osun State).
- Hon. Lawrence Babatunde Ayeni (Member House of Representatives and Vice-Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Police Affairs).
- Prof. F.O. Osadolor (Professor of Law, University of Benin).
We are working on getting other patrons. It is our greatest belief that with good quality patrons our assignment will be easier because we will climb on their shoulders to get access to partnering agencies easily.